Share a Story: What’s in Your Wallet
The most valuable piece of plastic in your wallet is (drumroll, please) your LIBRARY CARD! They don’t charge you for your interest, the books are free to use, and there is no credit limit. As Adrienne and Jules point out, there may be the occasional fee, but it is put to good use.
Can I have a hologram of me and one of my favorite characters? It would look mostly like me, but then, when you tilt it it would be, oh, Nancy Drew. It’s a security device … to protect against identity theft … really.
Okay, I’m back! Today we’re going to the library, beginning with Eva Mitnick and Elizabeth Bird taking us on tours of the Los Angeles Public Library and the New York Public Library, respectively. Here’s our lineup for today!
- From Cozy to Cool – Library Spaces for Everyone – Eva @ Eva’s Book Addiction
- Lions and Marble and Books, Oh My – Betsy Bird at A Fuse #8 Production
- How to Make the Library Work for YOU – an interview with Adrienne of What Adrienne Thinks About That conducted by Jules at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast
- The World Beyond the Library’s Walls – Melissa @ Librarian by Day
- ABC Storytimes: Taking the Library Home – Pam Coughlan @ MotherReader
Be sure to return to yesterday’s Read Aloud Day, too. Aimee Buckner’s post about engaging kids in conversations about what you’re reading is at the Stenhouse Publishers blog, and we have new posts in our More Great Posts list.
As links go live, I’ll update this post. Done.